HR Original Deal $1295
At SHIFT we wanted to take the hassle and guess work out of getting a truck licence so we came up with our original deal.
- 8 hours training and the practical driving test!
Our HR is fitted with a Non - Synchromesh gear box, (road ranger) so you will need to double de-clutch - or simply put two clutch movements per gear change...
This option will give you a HR OPEN licence with no restrictions on the HR vehicle you can drive.
Our trainers are experienced, professional and passionate about teaching new drivers wanting to learn how to master the "crash box".
The "road ranger" is still current within the transport industry and very much used on interstate, tipper and general freight runs.
Lessons are preferably conducted over two hour sessions to give you the most out of your training.
We recommend that you consider this when booking, longer lessons are available however due to the nature of double clutching and learning a new skill - you may become quite fatigued after two hours.
- Average hours for the "Road Ranger" are between 9 -12 to be competent.
- One day courses are not recommended for the HR open licence.
- Shift recommends a maximum of 2 hours training at any one time.
- Packages do not include any TMR fees.
What can I drive on my HR licence?
You are permitted to drive a heavy vehicle that has 3 or more axles and a gross vehicle mass greater than 8 tonnes and any towed trailer that has a gross vehicle mass less than 9 tonnes.
You may also drive a MR or LR. Already have an MR or HR licence?
Why not try to the Heavy Combination! Click here for details...
What do I need to get started?
To upgrade for a HR licence you must:
- Have held you car licence for a period of 24 months continuously or
- An LR or MR licence for 12 months continuously,
- Complete the heavy vehicle theory test with TMR, and
- Have paid the TMR driving test booking fee ($60.25) - $80.00 if we book and pay on your behalf.