Want to become a Driving Instructor?
If your looking for a rewarding career, one that allows you to be your own boss, manage your own hours, and contribute to the training and education of drivers from a range of backgrounds and ages - then get on board with one of the fastest growing driving schools in Qld.
The Certificate IV in Driving Instruction is the latest Nationally Recognised course for Driving Instructors.
Shift Training P/L is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID 41589) so we issue you with the certificate and you deal directly with the us - the RTO. You will then apply to TMR to be an accredited driver trainer. This qualification is currently cited as meeting part of the requirements for accreditation as a Motor Vehicle Driving Instructor, as defined by Transport and Main Roads (QLD).
Training is delivered face to face In Class to small groups to ensure you have plenty of interaction with your trainer, or as an option you could try Self Paced Mentoring leaving you in control of how long it take you to complete the course. You will also be required to complete work out-of-class, in your own time. All training in the car is one on one or in small groups and tailored to your individual needs. Additionally you may get the opportunity to work (under supervision) with a variety of driving schools to gain a complete understanding of the job role.
Option 1 - In Class Training
The full course consisting of face-to-face training, self-paced learning, assessment tasks and practical in car training.
- Stage 1 - An initial two (2) weeks in class, Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm,
- Stage 2 - Self-paced learning, assessment projects and logbooks,
- Stage 3 - One (1) week of face to face training and assessments. Monday – Friday, 8am-4pm.
Classes start every month - call for our timetable. Students who qualify for RPL will complete in less time. Please talk to us about your individual circumstances.
Option 2 - Self Paced Mentoring
The Self Paced Mentoring option is a combination of face-to-face training, self-paced learning, assessment tasks and practical in car training. This option is great for motivated individuals who are able work autonomously.
- Up to 12 sessions of mentoring one on one to be completed at times and dates to suit you. (2-4 hours each).
- Mentoring sessions include training and instruction on assignments to be completed, practical training and assessments.
- Students will need to complete self paced study in between each mentoring session and complete activities as directed.
- Upon completion of each stage, students will come back for follow up training and be given the next stage activities and assignments to complete.
- Phone, email and personal support is provided to all students.
- A maximum of 12 months to complete the program is allowed.
You can start at any time. Students who qualify for RPL will complete in less time. Please talk to us about your individual circumstances.
All training will be delivered at Shift Training's head office – 538 Wembley Road, Berrinba. (Logan City)
- A current and unrestricted full Australian licence
- Level 3 language, literacy and numeracy skills
Support and Mentoring Services
We are committed to helping you achieve your study goals and we don't leave you alone when you finish your study – all students will have access to the trainers throughout the program and after completion of the course as a contact point for any technical or process support in developing competencies. Each student will be screened in terms of their literacy and numeracy levels coming into the program and will be supported in those areas according to their individual needs. Where we cannot provide sufficient support, students will be referred to a suitable TAFE program to develop their reading and writing skills.
If you have experience in teaching learners to drive or have been involved in other training industries you may be eligible to RPL some of the units in the Certificate IV in Driving Instructor qualification. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) simply means that your previous skills and experience will be recognised without the need for more study - getting you on the road sooner. Click here for more information on RPL or talk to us to see if you qualify.
Unique Student Identifier
Every year, an estimated three million Australians build and sharpen their skills by undertaking nationally recognised training. From 1 January 2015, all students doing nationally recognised training need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
A USI is a reference number made up of numbers and letters. Creating a USI is free. It creates a secure online record of your nationally recognised training that you can access anytime and anywhere, and it’s yours for life.
Full course $2695 - including mentoring and support after you complete the course!
Payments are split into three (3) parts:
- Upon enrolment - $1000
- Prior to stage 2 (or at 3rd mentoring session) - $1000
- Prior to stage 3 (or at your 9th mentoring session) - $695