New Drivers Course
If you have just obtained your truck licence or are new to the transport industry then this course is a must. Getting your truck licence is the first step -
the next step is to gain an understanding of what it takes to be a professional truck driver.
Training is delivered face to face In Class to small groups to ensure you have plenty of interaction with your trainer/s. Onsite training can be arranged - just give us a call to discuss your needs.
In this practical course you will learn:
- How and why to complete a vehicle inspection (pre-start) prior to driving.
- Correct load restraint methods using ropes, chains and straps.
- Correct loading of vehicles
- How to use curtains
- Operating a tailgate lifter
- How Chain of Responsibility (COR) affects you as a driver and how to comply with the National Heavy Vehicle Law, TMR regulations and Workplace Health and Safety
The course is all about the practical activities:
- Using a tailgate lifter, curtains, gates and a pallet jack
- Load restraint - using ropes, straps and chains to tie down a load
- Vehicle inspections - conducting a pre-start inspections
New Drivers Course ( 3 hours) - $295
Drivers Course ( 3 hours) - $195 for existing students
Every Saturday 7am - 10am. Bookings essential!
All training will be delivered at Shift Training's head office – 538 Wembley Road, Berrinba.
- Eager to learn
- Work boots