At Shift we pride ourselves on a professional approach and deliver high quality training and achieve great results through student consultation and years of experience in driving, training and customer service.
In order to maintain a high level of service we have the following terms and conditions, when making a booking it is agreed that you have read the below points and agree with the terms:
- Full payment for Package Deals or a Deposit is required to secure your booking (lesson, test or both) prior to the first session, payments can be made via credit card or EFT. If you have not paid your Deposit by the due date then your lesson / test will be rescheduled.
- All deals / packages do not include any TMR fees. The Heavy Vehicle Theory Test cost ($24.75) and the Practical Driving Test Booking Fee is ($60.90) - Shift can pay the Practical Driving Test Booking Fee on your behalf for $80.00. (admin charge included)
- Payment plans are available please call for details.
- It is the sole responsibility of the student to ensure that if your require a medical certificate or glasses for driving that you bring these with and that they are current - If you do not have these and are required to you will forfeit your lessons / test and any moneys paid.
- It is the sole responsibility of the student to ensure that you are eligible to undertake training and that your licence is not cancelled or suspended -If you are not eligible for whatever reason you will forfeit your lessons / test and any moneys paid.
- You must be fit for lessons.
- Extra lesson/s may be required at a cost in addition to the Deals offered.
- Trainer / Truck may change from time to time if circumstances require it.
- Shift requires 24 hours notice to cancel a lesson or 48 hours notice to cancel a test otherwise the full fee will be payable.
- Any refunds will incur a $50 administration charge - no exceptions.
- All training must be completed within 12 months of paying your package or you will forfeit any fees you may have paid - no exceptions, no refunds, no balance of lessons etc
- There is an insurance excess of $2500 for the vehicle that you will be driving, in the event of an accident you will be liable to pay the excess - whether at fault or not. In the event of an accident should Shift Training deem it not in its best interest to lodge an insurance claim, you will be liable to pay for any damage to the value of $2500. Shift Training has an option for you to pay a once only fee of $50 that covers you for the life of your training and the excess of $2500 will be waived.
- This insurance option is optional and completely up to each individual student.
TMR Practical Driving Tests
- You (the student) give permission for Shift to use your CRN to secure a Practical Driving Test with TMR.
- You (the student) agree that any Practical Driving Test bookings made by Shift Training on your behalf in your name using your CRN may be swapped, changed or cancelled without your knowledge - this is to enable us to provide you with a driving test at the earliest possible date.
- There is no guarantee of a successful assessment result - although we have a kick ass pass rate of 98% first time!!
- You are not paying for a licence!
- You must be deemed competent by your trainer / assessor to receive the statement of attainment for the MC TLI4006 - if you do not meet the standard required you will not be competent and will be required to book and pay for additional lessons at the current rate of $150 per hour if you wish to continue with your training and assessment.
- There is a minimum charge of $600 for four (4) hours reassessment
- If you have an open class licence with no conditions (road ranger) you will need to demonstrate competency in a road ranger prior to completing your MC licence. (This does not apply to students who have an Auto or B condition on their licence who choose to be assessed in and Automatic)
- Click here to access our student handbook.