4 points of contact
This course is a must for new drivers who have just passed their truck licence and are ready to hit the road, or as refresher training for experienced drivers. All units are based on units of competency out of the TLI training package - at the end of your course you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Training is delivered face to face In Class to small groups to ensure you have plenty of interaction with your trainer/s. Onsite training can be arranged - just give us a call to discuss your needs.
Benefits of the course include:
- Understanding the need and how to complete a vehicle inspection (Pre - Start) prior to use
- Discussing the cause and effects of fatigue on drivers and legal requirements to complete a work diary (log book)
- Ensuring compliance with load restraint and correct loading of vehicles
- Bringing it altogether with CoR to ensure you comply with the National Heavy Vehicle Law, TMR regulations and WHS
The course is a mix of theory and practical activities such as:
- Log Book activity - completing a daily page
- Load restraint - use ropes, straps and chains to tie down a load
- Vehicle inspection - conducting a vehicle inspection on vehicles
Ultimate Drivers Package (8 hours) - $695
The full course consisting of face-to-face training and practical assessments.
- Day 1 - Chain of Responsibility and secure cargo
- Day 2 - Fatigue management and vehicle inspections
Express Drivers Package (3 hours) - $295
The express course consisting of face-to-face training and practical assessments.
- Day 1 - Chain of Responsibility, Secure cargo, Fatigue management and Vehicle inspections
Classes running all the time - call for our timetable.
All training will be delivered at Shift Training's head office – 538 Wembley Road, Berrinba. (Logan City)
- Basic Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills.