Please register your interest below and we'll contact you with the details
Four Points of Contact is a study and education campaign for new heavy vehicle drivers that Shift Training has successfully received funding for as part of the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator’s Heavy Vehicle Safety Initiative.
The program will provide a short course offered free of charge to new heavy vehicle drivers (it is preferred that drivers be licenced 12 months or less) The program will train and assess in key elements such as, fatigue management, vehicle inspection, load restraint and chain of responsibility.
To undertake the course, participants must agree to a pre training assessment of their knowledge to ascertain a survey of ‘standards’ in new drivers post licence success.
On completing the course, trainees will receive a Certificate of Attendance that would add standing to their driving credentials, however they would also be required to participate in ongoing survey of their driving experience for a further 18 months.
The course is now online!
Key elements include:
- How and why to complete a vehicle inspection (pre - start) prior to use.
- The cause and effects of fatigue on drivers and legal requirements to complete a work diary (log book).
- How to ensure compliance with load restraint and the correct loading of vehicles.
- How Chain of Responsibility (CoR) affects you as the driver and how to comply with the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL), TMR regulations and WHS.
- A great attitude and willingness to learn
- A current heavy vehicle licence - (less than 12 months licenced)
- Basic Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Willingness to complete surveys over an 18 month period